Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Parking lot woes

When my Daddy told me I probably couldn't find my way out of a paper bag, I think he was right. Only this time it was a parking lot. Andrew wanted to see where I worked, so I drove up there. We had lunch at the adjacent golf course on Monday, so I showed him where that was. Only problem, it was dark, there were no signs anywhere and I had come up a hill to get into the parking lot. So, as I go to leave, I can't find the road anywhere. I mean it disappeared on me. Poof, gone. So, as I was trying to find my sense of direction, we did figure 8s in the parking lot. Now, most of you know I have a little bitty car that can turn on a dime. Yeah, well that thing might be all nice and cute, but the damn thing doesn't have any sense of direction.I finally find my way out of there, with no help from my kid who by this time is laughing so hard he's about to pee his pants. To make matters even worse, we get home and Steve says "And you work with maps all day long??"...well to my credit (if that is possible), I work with satellite imaging all day. I can find a gas mine in the middle of Smyth County, but not my way out of a parking lot. That's kinda sad, isn't it? So, it's not always good to have "intelligence", if you can't find your way out of a paper bag; or parking lot as the case may be.A shout out to the birthday people, Tammy & Louie. Hope y'all have a great day and Tammy, I'm sorry you had to listen to my voice! Love you both.

No comments: