Friday, March 28, 2008

time to go racing again

2 more days until Martinsville. I can’t wait. I’m kinda dreading the ride down there (Steve won’t let me drive), but I can’t wait to see the race again. This year Jac is coming with us, I’m going to take bets to see how long it is before she is shitfaced. I give it until 2 p.m. Then again she might surprise me.
Less than a week until Amie day. I have to work until 9, but I have the next 2 days off, then I have to work 7 in a row. No biggie, it’s not like my job is hard or anything. I talked to my Mama today and she doesn’t even want to know how old I will be. Or let’s put it this way, she doesn’t want to be reminded that her "baby" is approaching the mid 30’s. Hard to believe my Mama will be 60. Then again, it’s hard to believe my son is 10. When I was younger, 60 was like an ancient age you hoped you lived to. Now 60 seems like it’s not that far away.
So all is well in Amie land. I’m bored out of my mind from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m., but the rest of the day, I’m actually pretty busy. Steve made the mistake of telling me he had my birthday present and well, it’s pretty much been downhill from there. I have begged, pleaded and pestered and he won’t give up any information. I’m sure he’ll be glad once it’s past, that way he doesn’t have to listen to my pleading. I probably wouldn’t have been so intrigued, but he told me that he went to the mall to get it. Steven never goes to the mall. Well, ok, two times that I know of, once at the New River Valley one to help me find some shoes and once he met Le and I up there and he made it from Barnes and Noble to the chicken place (no idea how to spell it). So, knowing that it has been about to kill me to find out what he has. I guess I’ll know before long. I’m not allowed to ask any more questions. Not even batting my eyelashes is working. I think I’m losing my touch!!
Ok, everyone, hope y’all are doing ok. Nothing new on this end, just wanted to let y’all know I haven’t fallen off the face of the earth.

No comments: