Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Ever the student

§I have learned in the last few days that some men as assholes and always will be. (no, I'm not referring to Steve)
§I have learned that when you truly think you are going to lose it completely, you still have a gnat's ass of strength left in you.
§I have learned sometimes you have to let go. Pick your battles.
§I have learned no matter what you try to do, you can't please everyone all the time. You have to make yourself happy first. Yes, obligations do happen, however, don't let someone make you feel like shit because you don't want to do it. When it is all said and done, you are only giving them permission to have some sort of control over you.
§I have learned the body can continue to produce snot long after you stop crying.
§I have learned some days you just need to cry for no reason and you know what? It's okay to do it.
§I have learned children know exactly which phrases to use to make you want to throttle them. But I have also learned which ones to use to make his life miserable.
§I have learned how important family is. However, family isn't everything and they aren't right all the time.
§I have learned society is judgmental. Deal with it. It has been since the beginning of time and I'm not going to change that.
§I have learned when you sacrifice something you truly love, you learn to appreciate it more.
§I have learned it is not necessarily true that if you love something set it free. Damnit, I set something free and the fricken' man won't leave me alone. He haunts my dreams, my waking thoughts and in general makes me a miserable person. Sure, set it free, if it comes back, shoot it.
§I have learned a playground will mess up a perfectly good pedicure. (this one I learned the hard way)
§and finally, I have learned when you love someone and they love you back, it doesn't have to be the story book romance. It's love and that is all I need.

No comments: