Monday, April 30, 2007

Drug induced thoughts

I think I have brain fog or something like that. I swear, I can't make a coherent sentence when talking to save my life.

Anyway, I just spoke to Dale, who is going to take care of Andrew for me this week. I'm sure this will come back to bite me in the butt. He was really nice about it, but I have this feeling that in return, either I'll have to deprogram my kid or somehow pay Dale back. I just don't feel like trying to chase the kid around, nor do I feel like fighting and fussing with him. I feel like such a bad mother.

On to other things, we are closer to getting our house. Hopefully, on Friday, we will know something more. It's so complicated. I wish we could just say "we'll pay this much" and they accept the check. But no, we have to go through appraisals and deed searches and who knows what else. But it will be worth it in the end. I can't wait. I can see us in this house. I can finally think about the future, something I haven't done for years and years.

I got a really nice surprise today; Steve got me a Coach bag. If you don't know what those are, go here: Coach

Mine is one of the Campton's Weekend Bags and it has a matching wallet. Pretty cool. I already collect Etienne Aigner bags. (Again here: Aigner) I think last count, I had 7 of those with 3 of the wallets. So, I might start collecting Coach, since this makes my 2ndone. What an expensive hobby. But he has his guns; I have my bags and shoes. Poor Steve, next week is his birthday and he got me a gift.

On to other news, Virginia's Governor Tim Kaine signed an order to make sure mentally ill people cannot purchase guns. Pretty much what it is saying is if a court has ever issued you to get mental help or you have been remanded into a mental health facility, you can't purchase a gun. So, my question was, what if you were court ordered to a facility due to drug use? Well, I got my answer. That is not considered "mental illness." Pppfftt. Whew, now all us former drug addicts can still purchase guns to protect ourselves from the other drug users in our lives.
And while he's at it, will he tell my insurance company that drug use is not a mental illness? Because according to ICD-9/10, it is a mental illness. I'll step down off my soapbox now, 'cause that is a whole other subject.

Well, I'm off to lala land, a place where I have stayed for most of the day. More soon, hopefully, not drug induced ramblings.

No comments: