Sunday, April 29, 2007

Tater Salad News

Whew, what a weekend. I hate for it to be over, but I can't wait until Friday.
On Friday, I get my annulment papers. But wait, you say, I thought you were getting a divorce? Yeah, well, so did I. Kevin unwittingly wrote in a letter that he and his ex wife were divorced while he was in prison and did not use a lawyer. Since it is state law that a lawyer represents him, their divorce is null and void. Which means my marriage of 6, almost 7 years was null and void and he is still legally married to her. I'm sure it is confusing to most, but what it boils down to is: I was never legally married to Kevin. She is being a total biatch about it, but whatever, it's not my problem. Yeah, for once I can say something is NOT my problem. Feels kinda weird to be able to say I have only been legally married once and that was over 10 years ago.

On to other news, I came through surgery with flying colors. I must say that I really like Valium. I thought I was awake during the surgery, but the nurse said I was out of it. Twilight anesthesia is what they call it. Anyway, I got to come home and they found that 3 out of the 4 margins came back clear of cancer. They cut until they find clean tissue. The 4th one was sent to pathology and they could not definitely say that it was cancer free, but from what they saw, it looked clear. Today, I'm kinda achy, but I'm ok. Steve seems to think I'm doing too much. As long as my guts don't fall out, I think I'll be o.k. One of my friends will be having surgery next week, so please keep her in your prayers that she will have a quick recovery.

Yesterday we went and found the house we want. It's within Andrew's school district; it has all the things we wanted in a home, plus a beautiful view. Yeah, the landscaping needs done, but I'd rather do that myself anyway. Or play supervisor while Steve does it. Anyway, I'm really, really excited. Now we have to make an offer and go from there. Hopefully we will be in there by summertime. Or before if we get lucky.

We also attended a baby shower. Not just any baby shower, but my ex husband's (Dale) and his wife's baby shower. Andrew will be having a little sister somewhere around June 22nd. My family still includes Dale as family so it's only natural that we give them a shower. Andrew seems to be getting excited about it. I think that will last until she wakes him up during the night. He's like me: don't disturb my sleep. And no fighting or nitpicking between Dale and Steve. Both were perfect gentlemen. I was rather impressed.

Well that is all the news from the basement house. Hope everyone is doing well and hopefully I'll catch up with everyone sometime this week!

No comments: