Thursday, December 21, 2006

eww, that smell

This morning I woke to the sound of splashing. As I have a fish tank in my room, I decided I might want to investigate. The noise wasn't coming from the fish tank. It was coming from the bathroom. Apparently, Joshua, my 19 year old inherited bitchy cat, had fell in the toliet.

I pull her tiny soaking wet body out, wrap her in a towel, take her downstairs and go ahead and give her a "real" bath. And no, she doesn't like those either. But at least she can sit on my bed without me feeling like she has the remenents of pee/poo on her.

I'm still not sure what she thought she was gonna do: get a drink, maybe?, use it? I'll never know since she is offically back to not "speaking" to me. It seems I am to blame for this moral offense in her mind. But now she smells like Pantene, she should STFU and be happy. Here is a picture of my beloved Joshua, can't you tell she is the epitomy of loveliness?

After going through this, I was reminded of the old "how to give a cat a bath" joke, so here it is:

1. Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.
2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.
3. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids. You may need to stand on the lid.
4. The cat will self agitate and make ample suds.Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the
cat is actually enjoying this. 5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "power-wash and rinse".
6. Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom
and the front door.
7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.
8. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom, and run outside where he
will dry himself off.
9. Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean.

No comments: