Wednesday, January 31, 2007

It's calling my name

Yeah, it's butt ass cold out there (28), but I have an intense desire to get into the Miata and ride to the bluff. A few things are holding me back, namely, Andrew, the cold and the place itself.
I haven't been up there since last year (as in 2005). But for some reason, tonight, it's almost as though it's calling my name...
hmmm, kinda makes me wonder what is about to happen. I only get these funky feelings when something is going to happen.

I want to stand on the edge of the cliff and feel the warm wind blow across my skin. I want to lay down on the rock that is still warm from the day's sun beating down on it. I want to drift off to sleep listening to the sound of the river winding down to a place unknown.

I guess I'll have to wait a few months before being able to go enjoy the solitude of the bluff. I'm sure it will still be there waiting on me.

No comments: