Tuesday, January 2, 2007

End of days and the lucky 7

So as much as I say I don't regret anything, there is one thing I do regret. Putting a name on my body. Not my son's, well, because he'll always be my son. But putting Kevin's name on my back was probably one of the second stupidest things on my list of all time "Amie had a dumbass moment", and believe me, the list is a long one. At the time, it seemed like a good idea. I had know him 20 years (it was done on our 2nd or 3rd wedding anniversary), so it was sort of a tribute to our friendship/love. Since those days are over, I have been begging my friend for months to cover it up for me. So yesterday was the day. New Year and all, might as well start it out right. So, waking up beside the one who makes me so very happy, spending the day with him, seeing one of my best friends and getting a tattoo made my New Year's Day perfect.


So much has went on in the last week. The world seems to be changing so quickly. 2006 is over, thank God, one of the worst and best years I've had in a long time. President Ford who was in office when I was born, died. The tyrant, Saddam Hussein was hanged; and our 3000th soldier died . And we can't forget that the "Godfather of Soul", James Brown, passed too. That is a lot to happen in a less than 2 weeks. We are watching history in the making. Kinda makes you wonder what 2007 will bring.
Anyway, here is a pic of the tattoo. It has to be reinked again, to make sure it covers it. This made #7 for me. Hmm, lucky number 7. And here all this time, I thought # 36 was my favorite number.
To all my friends, I hope '07 brings you love, peace, blessings and happiness.

This is the "before":


And here is the "after" until it gets reinked:

No comments: