Monday, January 22, 2007

Random Updates

Just a quick update for everyone who has been sending me emails and such. I want to thank everyone. I'm doing really good (well, for me, lol).
Andrew stayed with us on Friday. Whew. I think he did surprisingly well. We were actually all in bed asleep before 10:30. And the two loves of my life slept like babies all night and of course, I was up and down, wondering if both of them were ok. (I think the snoring gave me an indication they were). We took Andrew to Texas Steakhouse on Friday, I think because he wanted the singing and brownie. I don't know who jumped higher, Steve or Andrew. So, my baby is now 9. I'm still wondering where the time went. Tammy keeps telling me it only gets "better" from here. Woo Hoo. And Mama says raising boys are easier. Yeahh, right. I'm still wondering about that one.

Friday I got some news that knocked me on my ass. A close friend of mine who I'm not ready to reveal yet, has lymphoma. This completely took me by surprise and has me scared, upset and pondering on my own life. I have always said when you think things are bad in your own life, look around, there is always someone who has it worse. Yes, our cancers are completely different, but it is still cancer no matter which way you look at it. Statistically, I'm in good shape. Depending on the type, Hodkin's or Non, she may or may not be. She was there for me when I went through this the first time. She was the first person I saw when I woke up from surgery, she held my hands and hair as I got sick from all the chemicals. Now it's my turn to help her. I can only hope and pray that I can be as good a friend to her as she is to me. So if you are a spiritual, religious person, please say a prayer, light a candle, whatever it is you do, that she will get through this.

We had an "ice storm". So, of course, Steve and I had to make the required trip to the store to get bread. A quarter of an inch of ice here in Virginia completely stops everything. But I think the roads are going to be ok this morning, I hope so anyway. Those damn snow plows went by often enough last night. I just can't wait to see my Miata ice skate into my parking lot. Weeeeeee.

School started again last week. Blech. But the way I see it, it's two easy classes and I'm done. One of my instructors reminds me of the guy from Fast Times at Ridgemont High. He has selected his victim to pick at and this poor kid is clueless. At least it's not me. And, there are quite a few students older than me. At least there wasn't any students who asked me for the syllabus this time (thinking I'm the professor), so it's all good. I don't feel so ancient this go round. Even though Andrew asked me if dinosaurs were around when I was little (grrrr).

I think that is all from here, those horrible, get louder as you try to ignore them alarm clocks are going off, so I'm gonna go poke Steve.

No comments: