Sunday, October 15, 2006

it's the little things

I learned a long time ago, that it's the little things in life that make me happy. I'm not big on material things or sappy crap. The things I love in life are pretty simple.
Two things that made me happy today, and made me realize I don't need a lot in life are my son and my friend.
Andrew showed up. He came in, run over like he hadn't seen me in forever and gave me a huge hug and a kiss and told me he loved me. He hasn't done that in a long time. It made me realize how lucky I am to have my son. He really is my miracle child.
Second thing was a phone call. Just to hear Gary's voice, and know that he took the time to call me when she was there, made me feel really good. It made me understand that we are friends. Yes, granted he had to "sneak" and do it, but it doesn't matter to me, he called, and to hear his voice just made my day.

Here lately, I have been taking a step back and looking at my life and where I want it to go, I have to remember to look at the blessings in my life, not only the things I want to change. And today, I was reminded of 2 of those blessings.

So, after everything that has happened here lately, I would have taken that hug, kiss and phone call over any of the roses and other stuff that have been bought to "woo" me.


Every time I hear this song, I immediately think of Gary.....whatcha think, Misty?



I miss the look of surrender in your eyes
The way your soft brown hair would fall
I miss the power of your kiss when we made love
But baby most of all

I miss my friend
The one my heart and soul confided in
The one I felt the safest with
The one who knew just what to say to make me laugh again
And let the light back in
I miss my friend

I miss the colors that you brought into my life
Your golden smile, those blue-green eyes
I miss your gentle voice in lonely times like now
Saying it'll be alright

I miss my friend
The one my heart and soul confided in
The one I felt the safest with
The one who knew just what to say to make me laugh again
And let the light back in
I miss my friend

I miss those times
I miss those nights
I even miss the silly fights
The making up
The morning talks
And those late afternoon walks

I miss my friend
The one my heart and soul confided in
The one I felt the safest with

No comments: