Sunday, October 8, 2006

Maybe Not In His World, Words From My Son

My son has been rubbing his eyes furiously all morning. When asked if he was ok, he would just yawn and reply "you get me up too early for the weekend". Knowing he was up late, probably doing through sugar withdrawal, and just generally in a foul mood, I just walk off and finish breakfast. He follows me through the house, asking one of his endless questions. "whatcha gonna do today, Mama?" was the first, followed by so many questions, it would make a Spanish Inquisitor proud. I sigh, continue to answer until I am annoyed and shoo him out of the kitchen. As he is sitting eating breakfast, he asks "why don't you eat in the mornings?" I tell him, I am just not a morning person, too early to eat, etc. He continues on the "my Daddy says" kick so finally I tell him, "Well, baby, this is Mama's world, not Daddy's so things are different." Those huge eyes that mirror mine look back at me as he ponders on this.

Shortly thereafter, I am taking him to Grannie & Pop's and it is raining. My rag top is leaking somewhere on the driver's side next to the door, so I was battling drops of rain and trying to drive within the lines. As we pull up to the stop light, I look over and there is another Miata beside us. He has his rag top down, windows up, windshield wipers on, just a sight to see. I told Andrew "look at him, what an idiot, why would he have the top down, it's raining"...and the response I got was priceless. "Maybe not in his world Mama"...

Only my son could make a have an outlook on life like that. So, I guess the next time there is an idiot driving in the rain, I'll have to remember, just because it's raining in my world, it may not be in theirs...

No comments: