Sunday, October 8, 2006

well, I tried it

like everyone told me too. I went to Steve's house last night. Surprisingly, I didn't start out that way, but somehow ended up there. He is a very nice guy and was extremely fun to talk to. It was just like talking to an old friend, only learning their interests. He took me & Andrew out to dinner tonight (against my protests of doing it another night). It was ok, Andrew and him didn't seem to hit it off very well. I mean, they didn't ignore each other, but they didn't talk either. Steve has already told me that he doesn't want children. I can't imagine not having my son or ever not wanting a child. I told him tonight that Andrew is part of this package. His sister called while he was at the house and I heard him say he was at my house, so apparently, he has spoken to others about me. Not sure how I feel about that.
A few times while we were talking tonight, my mind kept wandering to Gary, wondering if he and the wicked witch were getting along. I'm sure she's there. So much for not letting her stay the weekend. Oh well, I do hope he's happy, even if it's with her. He's such a great guy and he doesn't give himself credit for it. He's become my best friend somehow. Not that I am objecting to this, but somehow, he is the one that I think of first when something bad happens or something good happens. I want to tell him. I want to see what he thinks about things, get his outlook on it. I just hate to see him get hurt. Again. But anyway, back to Steve, he's nice and all, but I don't know if I'm ready.
So, I can say I gave it a shot, twice in fact and have made a friend. But that's is about it, he's a friend. We shall see soon enough, I suppose.
Time heals all wounds. Well, when does it start? I'm patiently waiting on all these feelings to go away and they aren't. Well, I suppose I should try to sleep. The asshole will be here in the morning to get Andrew.

No comments: